Instant: Cafe Mazel Mocha Coffee Mix

December 12, 2014

Tried out a bargain instant coffee mix which I bought at Japan Home Warehouse in Makati. I thought it was worth a taste since it's so cheap at PHP66 for a box with 10 sachet sticks in it. Of course I noticed this because of the box with the "Mocha" on it. Cheap instant mocha coffee? Who wouldn't be intrigued?

So, I bought a box and tried it out for breakfast. 2 sachets for about 200 ml of water. The instructions said, 1 sachet to 100 ml of water.

The verdict.

It was too mild for my taste. I like my coffee a bit on the strong side. I mean, I want to taste coffee and not sugar and cream. This one had a little bit of coffee taste and a lot more cream and sugar. It wasn't too sweet, just right.

I didn't taste any mocha either. It was more like caramel than mocha to me. Probably because of the cream and sugar. It doesn't taste like regular 3-in-1 coffee though, so that's good. Come to think of it, Cafe Mazel Mocha is like the instant white coffees that almost all coffee brands have.

I was surprised that it was frothy a bit like a cappuccino when I mixed it. Shows you how much cream they put in it.

Despite this, at 66 pesos only, it's a good buy. It's cheaper than convenience store prices for a sachet which costs around 8 to 15 pesos. Plus, it's made in the USA.

I'd buy this again just for when the family travels somewhere and stays overnight. For the next cup, I would try to add a bit of regular coffee just to make the taste stronger.

You Might Also Like

0 comments