Coffee Pairings: Leche Puto and Raisin Bread

October 20, 2014

Weekend mornings at home means I have more time to prepare great coffee and savor delicious food to go with my coffee. Saturday morning, I used my Philippine highland coffee beans, ground it out on my inexpensive-but-works Krups coffee grinder. I used the French press today because I'm too lazy to use the espresso machine, plus I didn't have any milk.

My weekend coffee pairs. Yum!

Sweet Leche Puto and raisin bread
Last Friday night I bought one of the best raisin breads I've tasted, Baguio Country Club's Raisin Bread. It's dense, moist, but easy to chew and filled with A LOT of sweet, cinnamon-y raisins. The right balance of bread and raisins is what probably makes this bread a fave among local tourists who go up to Baguio. The half roll was selling for PHP 100 and the full-size roll was at PHP 200.

I also bought a package of Leche Puto, a combination of puto (steamed rice cake) and leche flan (caramel custard) on top. I first saw this in SM MOA but wasn't able to buy due to I was there to watch a concert. I didn't want to lug it around during the event, so I thought I'd buy it after. By the time the concert was done the mall was closed already.

So, when I saw this in Trinoma I thought now I'd have the chance and I wanted to taste it. And it was the perfect combo. The puto was slightly sweet and paired with the caramel-ly and milky taste of the flan, it was perfect. It wasn't too sweet and it was the perfect partner to my yummy coffee, which I made with less sugar. The Leche Puto was at PHP 89 for 10 pieces.

You Might Also Like

0 comments